Friday, July 12, 2024

Catching Up


I had a dinner party yesterday with these ladies (and one more who is missing from the photo). We have been through a lot together over the years and life continues to throw challenges at many of us. But to be in community, to share our burdens, to eat, laugh, hug and catch up-that's exactly what we all needed. It was great!

Interestingly, I have actually met up with different friends every single day this week. You'd think that would be tiring for this introvert, but it has been really nice. During school, my time is more limited and in the evenings I often don't feel like socializing. To have the time to hang out with friends, but also have enough time to recharge in between with alone time has been amazing. But, I better go get ready because the next friend is coming over in an hour...