Wednesday, July 3, 2024

July


We kicked off birthday month today. Yes, I know its already the 2nd and that birthday month isn't really a thing. But, July is a great month. I am off work. Emmi and I both have birthdays, as do quite a few of my friends. The weather is generally warm and dry. I get to spend time on my patio and read and enjoy my flowers. There are no chauffeuring duties, or if there are, they are to social events instead of early morning school drop offs.

So, today we celebrated July. We went for a walk to the Quay and bought fruit tarts. We drank iced coffee. We ate. In the evening, we went to listen to the Watoto children's choir. They were so joyful and lively even though their stories were dark and heartbreaking. 

It was a good day. And I am confident that July will be full of them.