Tuesday, September 10, 2024

September

September is the worst. I don't mind returning to work, or the coming of fall. What I can't stand is the uncertainty that September brings. Everything restarts, but it's all very unstable and unknown. What will our weekly schedule look like? Which teachers will my kids get? What will my own class be like? Who will be my support workers? What will the new staff be like? Who will be in my Bible study group? Everything in September is in flux and unsettled and I can't stand it.

Because everything restarts, there is also a lot of introductory sessions. Meet the teacher nights-both as parent and as teacher. Back to school barbecues. Fall launches. September drags on and on and I can't wait for everything to normalize. 

So, every year I can't wait for October. I love routines. I love knowing what to expect. I love being able to plan my life because I know what is happening. I get more done when I have a regular schedule. So the countdown is on! Three more weeks until October!

PS. Anyone who knows me knows I also love the season of fall the best. So here's to also eagerly anticipating candles, pumpkins, crisp sunny days, pie, colourful leaves, fireplaces, scarves and all the wonderful things that are fall.