Monday, October 2, 2017

Fall 2017

So...school has started and I am still waiting for things to settle down into some kind of routine. So far things have been a little chaotic, but I am sure it'll get better once we have an idea of what our full schedule looks like. So far, the transitions for Emmi starting kindergarten and Matias starting high school have gone remarkably well. Emmi really likes her teacher, which is great. She has complained a few times that the days are too long and I fully agree, but that's the way the system is set up here. Matias has bussed to Carver every day and there have been no problems there.
I have worked a little more as I am subbing some days on top of my own job on Wednesdays. It's neat to see other schools and what other teachers are doing. I have found great ideas that I can use with my own class.
Our evenings are pretty full, in fact we don't have a single evening free during the week between football, piano, jr youth, community group, and my choir. But, there's nothing on the list that I am willing to give up, so that's just the way it is this year. I joined the Good Noise Gospel choir and I really enjoy singing in it. We have our first concert in a couple weeks, so I am off to practice my songs... but first a couple pictures from the first day of school. Can  you tell who the preteen is?? LOL