Thursday, July 11, 2019

Kelowna

I just spent six glorious days in Kelowna! Lesley invited me to join her in housesitting at her aunt's beautiful house overlooking Lake Okanagan. We drove up on Friday and I flew home last night. We did a lot of nothing. We were in our pajamas most nights by 9pm and it felt luxurious. We kept laughing at what old ladies we are, but with three kids each, getting to lounge around and do nothing was such a welcome break. We cooked, we ate out, we shopped, we went to the beach, we toured some wineries and we read books. It was so relaxing to have no schedule and no one "needing" us. Neither one of us made any demands or had any particular agenda. There was no conflict or tension of any kind. Fortunately, Lesley is also an introvert, so there were times when we were lounging on opposite couches reading. I read an article about how you know an introvert likes you when they're willing to share their (precious) alone time. That's exactly what we did. She did go out running and I did generally stay up later than her reading, but we were together A LOT. And yet, after six days, I didn't feel like I needed space. For me, that's pretty unheard of since I don't usually ever share my alone time.
 
               best tacos EVER!!                                                            view from the deck
 living room
beach day