Thursday, August 15, 2019

Lois

Have you ever met someone and thought that is me in 30 years? I have, and her name is Lois. I'm not sure whether she'd be flattered or offended, but that's how I see her. She thinks like I do about things. She's a retired teacher. She gets my sarcastic humour. She is a night owl. She is not shy about her opinions, but since they're in line with mine, that's a good thing, lol. She likes to entertain and often hosts people in her home. She is loving and kind, but not the least bit sentimental or soft. She is organized and likes to get things done. Just like me.
I met Lois through BSF when she took over as the leader of my discussion group for a few weeks. She was a great leader and clearly full of wisdom. So, when I decided to host a summer Bible study, I wanted to invite her. It felt a little weird to email her after months of no contact, but I sucked it up and did it. Fortunately, she agreed to come. She knows so much about the Bible and has been a Christian for many decades. She is as solid and stalwart as they come. Her example, her thoughts and her firm faith inspire me. I see my future self in her and yet, I am not yet where she is. I have miles to walk in my faith journey, but Lois gives me hope. I can look to her and see what my future can be if I stay the course.