Sunday, September 1, 2019

BSF

I am about to begin my 6th year in BSF and I am so excited! BSF has been one of the most life-changing things in my Christian walk. I have learned so much and I have made so many amazing friends. Yesterday, we had our leadership training session for all the leaders in the lower mainland. It was so good! Honestly, I was not thrilled with the 7am start and the thought of a 7 hour day of training made me groan. But, it was so worth it! There was worship and teaching and food and fellowship. There was so much fellowship! So much hugging and laughing and joy. It was like meeting up with long-lost family. I had thought that I would probably run into people I hadn't seen for awhile since I was switching back to the Vancouver class, but I was not prepared for the emotional reactions and the joy! There is something extra special about serving together that connects you like nothing else. I was so thrilled to see so many familiar faces. I hadn't really realized how much I had missed "my people" until I saw them again. Don't get me wrong, I loved being "just" a member for the last two years in Burnaby. I made some great friends and was able to fully absorb myself into the studies. But, it does not compare to the connection made with the Vancouver leaders. I spent two years in leadership with them, twice a week for 9 months a year. We had the leadership retreat together downtown one entire weekend, we met for coffee dates, we prayed together, we struggled with some of life's challenges together. They hold a special place in my heart and I am so happy and grateful to be reunited with them!!