Sunday, October 2, 2022

church-in Hope

We just had a lovely time in Hope at our cabin there. The weather was very warm for autumn (27 C) and it was beautifully sunny the whole time. We read, we ate, we went for walks. This morning, Pentti and I went to church. I love the Baptist church in Hope. It's small, like everything else there. But it's cosy. The people are really friendly. The music isn't super polished, but I love it anyway. The sermon was really good and I was so glad that I had gotten out of bed to go.

In the 17 years that we have been going to Hope, this was only the 3rd time that I attended church there. We used to not go because we were on "holiday" and that was totally acceptable. One does not need to be uptight and legalistic about having to always attend church. But the thing is, church sets up my week. It fills me up like nothing else can. So why wouldn't I go, holiday or not? 

When I woke up this morning, I did think about whether I wanted to get up to get ready or just roll over. I considered not going. But then I figured I should just do it. And I am so, so glad that I did.