Monday, February 7, 2011

Why Aren't We Happier?

It's not that I am unhappy. But, could I be happier? SHOULD I be happier considering I have beautiful, healthy kids, a caring husband, a home, food, friends, two cars and pretty well everything I need or want? Plus I live in a truly free country. The short answer is: YES. I should be really happy and grateful and appreciative of my life. And yet, some days I find myself grumbling because I can't decide what to make for dinner. Forget the fact that I have cupboards and a fridge (and freezer) full of food, and therefore hundreds of choices. I am blessed and I should remember that. That's sort of what I got out of the book The Happiness Project. And that's why I am into month two of my year of appreciation. January's focus on health went really well. I even lost some weight! For February, I am focusing on family.