One of my new favourite recipes. Since I am continuing to eat a reduced-carb diet, everything in this frittata is permissible. It's easy and super yummy!
salt and pepper
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup chopped parsley (I left this out)
1 lb. zucchini that has been quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 3/4 inch slices
1 chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 sliced tomato
2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 400. Beat eggs with parsley, salt and pepper till well blended.
- Add in 3/4 cup mozzarella.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over med-high heat and add zucchini, onion, garlic, a dash of salt, and Italian seasoning. Cook till tender about seven minutes.
- Stir in egg mixture and cook until edges are set about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Top with slices of tomato. Put in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 mozzarella cheese and bake for five more minutes.