Saturday, February 18, 2012

This week's inspiration

I am really sick. It started with Matias more than a week ago and then it hit me. I feel awful, but there have been some small joys this week regardless. Like eating plums. Being happy for my sister. Coffee in bed on Valentine's. But most of all, watching Matias read. He was home all week, so he had to find things to keep himself busy, since I wouldn't let him watch tv all day (his first choice). He had gone to the bookshelf and chosen a (chapter) book to read all on his own. He had chosen George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl. A few times I caught him laughing as he was reading; I love that!! He wanted to tell me some of the funny parts. How awesome to watch your child "discovering" on his own one of your personal favourite childhood authors!