Sunday, January 20, 2019

These are a few of my favourite things...

At the end of the day, it is the small things that bring me joy in my everyday life. So, here are a few of my favourite things in no particular order:
-my Mint and Birch gold bar necklace. It has the names of my kids engraved on it and I wear it every day. It's simple and elegant and I love it.
-my church. This is not to say that the joy my (frivolous) necklace brings me is equivalent to the joy I get from my church. But, I love my church. I love the pastors, I love the worship, I love the actual building where we meet. No, it isn't perfect, but every time I leave there I feel so grateful and encouraged and joyful.
-the cloud library app which I only discovered last week. It has all the newest books and a lot of them are readily available.
-spotify. I love listening to new artists and checking out new albums. I love going home and adding new songs to my playlist that I heard that day that are new to me.
-BSF. I can't say enough good things about what a difference this Bible study has made in my life.
-my Sage diffuser. I find it so much more effective than a candle and obviously way less smokey.
-my friend Lesley. We teach together and we're friends. We drink wine together and discuss school, and diets and decluttering.
Of course there's my family and my other friends etc etc, but this list is just from today specifically.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."