Monday, May 23, 2011

Friends

I find it hard to make friends. I am shy, introspective, very selectively friendly and find it hard to trust people. Not a great list of characteristics when trying to make friends. What complicates matters even more is that now I have a family. So, if I want to "hang out", I also need to consider whether Pentti will get along with the husband and whether the kids in both families are a good match. Of course I socialize with girlfriends on my own, and there are families we see that not everyone gets along so great. There are families where the kids are awful. Or where Pentti has nothing to talk about with the husband. Or where the parenting styles are so different that it's annoying to hang out. But, those are not families that I go out of my way to hang out with. Every once in awhile, we "find" a family that fits.
Julie is great. Her twin boys are in Matias' class and play nicely with Matias and Joonas. On Friday, the husbands met for the first time when we went out for dinner downtown. It was a hit.

It's nice to have friends:)