Sunday, August 30, 2020

Impossible

"God designed you for community. He made you with a desire to connect with other people who can grow with you, cry with you, sharpen you, encourage you, laugh with you, and hold you accountable to the things of God. No matter your stage or season, all of us long to find people to simply do life with. But, if you're like me, you've had times in your life when it feels like that kind of community is impossible to find."
Finding a friend who laughs with you, or encourages you is fairly easy. Finding someone who cries with you is a little harder. But, finding someone who sharpens you and holds you accountable to the things of God? Virtually impossible. She would have to know me well enough to call me out and hold me accountable. She would have to be spiritually at the same level or higher in order to sharpen me and challenge my thinking. She would have to be as interested in the things of God in order to really grow and do life together. What a tall order and something I would have previously considered impossible. 
But, God. He found me such a friend and brought her into my life a year ago. In fact, she meets ALL the criteria and then some from the opening quote. I am overwhelmed with gratitude.