Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter 2023



Wow! What a fantastic Easter weekend full of church! On Good Friday, all the Christ City campuses came together to worship. It was amazing to worship with over 500 people, some of whom I hadn't seen since before covid. In the evening, I went to my friend's church for a tenebrae service and it was really moving. The sanctuary kept getting progressively darker until it went pitch black, like the darkness that descended when Jesus died on the cross.

On Saturday, we had a two hour rehearsal for choir. That was actually hard, but also so fun. I got to know some people I didn't know before by joining choir. It was truly great! Afterward my bff cooked me dinner and we watched a show and drank tea, warm and cosy from the rain.

On Sunday, I had to get to church for 8:30am and I didn't leave until after 1pm. We sang, we waited in the side room and chatted and ate, we sang some more. Repeat 6 times. It was a long day but I loved every minute. What a joy to sing with the choir. What a joy to be part of the Christ City church community. Above all, what a joy that Jesus has risen and I have eternal hope!!