Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Joonas


I can't believe it; Joonas is six months old today. I know I sound old, but it seems like just yesterday when he was born :)

He is such a "good" baby. Actually I really hate the term "good baby". Just because a baby cries or fusses a lot, does not make him or her a "bad" baby. Some babies are easy and some are more high-maintenance. Anyway, Joonas belongs to the former group. He laughs and "talks" all the time. He sleeps through the night and has for quite some time.

Today he had his first taste of rice cereal. He didn't quite get the concept of opening of his mouth, poor guy. He seemed to like the cereal once I managed to shove it into his mouth, but the part about open wide was lost on him. Its so funny to think that all of these ordinary really simple things have to be learned. I guess the only time you really appreciate how everything works is when you watch a baby who hasn't mastered the skill, or if you happen to know someone who has been badly injured and had to relearn all these basic skills.