Monday, May 24, 2021

Re-enchant

"They say we live in a 'disenchanted' world. But that narrative dissolves the moment we stare at the stars, walk with fireflies and shout with the thunder. Re-enchant the world today with joys gained from simple beauties." I love this quote so much. It encapsulates what I have been trying to do with looking for joy and beauty in the everyday.

On Saturday, we found a lot of little joys; the forest, bright green leaves, birds singing, sunshine, coffee, the beach. Time with my friend always fills me up. But the image that stuck with me was of her sitting on a garden bench eating ice cream and swinging her legs in the sunshine. I mean, who doesn't get joy from ice cream, but it was such a beautiful carefree moment of pure, unadulterated happiness. It still makes me smile.