Monday, May 31, 2021

Church!!

Yesterday fed my soul. Churches were allowed to reopen for worship for the first time since November. We went together as a family and it felt so normal, but also holy and sacred. Honestly, I have loved getting up for church for the last five years every single Sunday. It's a joy. But, I have to admit, that not having been able to attend for almost seven months made it that much more special. 

No the church is not a building. Yes, we did online church faithfully every week. Yes, we also attended community group online. But, being together with my people in that beloved building was beautiful. Hearing the preaching live. Taking communion together. Seeing some of my friends. So, although church is not a building, I won't pretend that gathering together physically doesn't matter because it does. Even with all the restrictions, being together beats online every time. I pray that we're able to continue.