Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Church Family


Yesterday was a super packed day. Somehow I ended up with three social events in one day. Some days, especially around Christmas, are like that. As an introvert who finds social interaction draining, I was exhausted by the end of the night, but also so, so grateful.

All of the events were with friends from church. There are some really lovely people who attend my church and I feel privileged to spend time with them, but my favourite was afternoon tea at The Secret Garden. There were only four of us. We all attend the same community group and so our friendships are built around much more than just Sunday morning fairweather conversations. We do life together. Yesterday, we happened to be celebrating Ruth's birthday. 

The venue was lovely and relaxing even though it was full of people. There was SO MUCH laughter, I actually wonder whether we bothered the other guests, lol. There were yummy treats. There was copious amounts of tea. It was perfect.