Friday, December 30, 2022

Favourite Moments


My favourite moments or memories from 2022. It was a hard year in many ways and yet, it was also wonderful. I guess life is like that. I have a separate blog post about a lot of these, but I wanted to mention them here again as I reflect on the year. I'll try to go in the order of the pictures somewhat...

my job: I am so blessed to love teaching, to love my class, to work in a great school close to my house and to have some really lovely co-workers

Bible study: I did a lot of Bible study with a friend as well as at my church. I even attended an all-day workshop which was fantastic. What could be more important than getting to know God?

overnight in Fort Langley: we stayed in an adorable bed and breakfast called The Princess and the Pea. It was one of my favourite places to stay at ever.

Joonas' ball hockey season which ended in provincial gold. It was so amazing and not just because we won, although that certainly didn't hurt. The icing on the cake was Joonas scoring a goal during the gold medal provincial game!!

Two weeks on the east coast. The architecture, the weather, the company, the lighthouses, the beaches, the escape....it was so, so wonderful. Celebrating my birthday there was amazing and included my first gondola ride!

Our 23rd anniversary. It was a good day.

Celebrating the 50th birthday of two of my childhood friends. Too bad one of them got cut off from the picture. 

Emmi and her bff Ellie. They have known each other for 7 years, but only really became close this past year. I am so happy for my little girl who is shy and introverted and used to say she had no friends.

The family reunion in Lumby at my brother's house. What a perfect weekend!

Two sunflower festivals. They were very different, but I loved looking at all the flowers, which included more than just sunflowers.

The Canyon Lights. So magical.

Time with Henry and Ruut, which included going to Frankie's jazz club and so much more. Any year that we meet up with them, they will be included on my list of favourites, that's just a given.

Other things that make the list, but not the collage of pictures were church, community group, 6 concerts, Van Dusen and countless times at the beach, going for walks and coffees with friends.