Thursday, February 9, 2023

loves

They say love is a word that is thrown around too casually, that it has lost some of its depth. But you know what? I really do love potato chips and coffee and chocolate. I love my living room and my couch. I love the pink streaks in my hair and my painted nails. I love flowers. I love my church and my class and my community group. I love my dresses and my ballet flats and my new black jacket. I love conversations with my best friend. I love rain and sunshine and cold mornings. I love the twinkle lights in my classroom. I love my new pink blanket and the fake magnolias in the vase. I love music and the preaching of my pastors and the sound of rain. I love tea with milk and sugar. I love sinking into a new book. I love visiting my neighbour. I love recess and coffee with my coworkers. I don't think my love for these things diminishes my love for all the more important people and things in my life. "As a matter of fact, I am entirely certain that the music swells, time stops and lights twinkle for even our most ordinary, fleeting, Monday-kinda loves."