Monday, June 8, 2020

National Best Friends day

Today was national best friends day and it was perfect! I met my best friend at Earl's for lunch. We ate and talked and laughed in a virtually empty restaurant. After that, we went for pedicures. We did have to sign contracts about COVID and wear masks the whole time, but it was worth the hassle. We both came out with pretty purple toe nails. Obviously coffee was in order next. I have missed my afternoon grande flat whites during the pandemic. Yes, it was a very small hardship, but I am very glad to be able to walk up to Starbucks and order an afternoon coffee, especially with my bff for company. We wandered the mall and shopped, coffees in hand. It felt so relaxed and normal, like for a few hours I could forget my troubles and just hang out with my best friend. Today filled me up and I am overflowing with gratitude for this friend of mine; she is a treasured gift from God.