Friday, June 12, 2020

Reading

I realized yesterday that I have not read a single book in the more than six months. For an avid reader like me, that is unheard of! Books have been my friends since elementary school; I love reading. Normally, they provide the perfect escape. But, ever since my father got sick and passed away, I have not been able to focus. I have started lots of books, even engrossing, good ones, but have been unable to finish a single one. Grief does weird things to a person...
Well, that's going to change. I just ordered a pile of books for myself from the library. Burnaby public library is open for contactless book pick up, so I put in an order. Mostly I did it for the kids because they have been spending way too much on line. But, while I'm going, I may as well get something to read myself.