Thursday, July 16, 2020

Hope - day 3


That pretty well sums it up. We have talked, laughed, prayed, read, walked, sat in silence, eaten; I can't imagine a single friend that I would rather have spent this time with. Whenever I am with her, my love for God grows: partly because of our discussions and partly because I feel so incredibly blessed that He brought her into my life. What a luxury to have been able to spend all this time together. I feel like I have been here for a week, in a good way! 
We went to the Owl Street Cafe for lunch today. It's a cute cafe a little off the beaten path in Hope. There was hardly anyone there and we sat at a table outside and enjoyed our chicken sandwiches. The past few days have been so restful. We've done very little and yet, I haven't had a single moment of boredom or wondering what to do next. I still haven't even cracked open my book; it's looking like it's going to end up being one of those useless things you pack on vacation and then never use.
For dinner we went to Fiesta Loca for Mexican food and it was fabulous. I had fish tacos that were massive and perfectly flavored. The restaurant itself was very colourful; exactly what you'd expect from a Mexican restaurant. After stuffing ourselves, we went for a long walk. It was actually dark by the time we got back to the house. But of course we had to go in the sauna on our last night. 
Tomorrow we are heading home.