Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Hope day 2

Waking up to the sounds of the rushing creek and softly singing birds is a lovely way to awaken to a new day. I was so happy, I actually made breakfast. You are truly loved if I make you breakfast, considering how much I generally dislike mornings. If I talk to you before I have even had coffee, you are on a very short list of two people. I'm not sure that my friend knows just how privileged she is, lol. Anyway, eggs on toast, coffee and fresh strawberries. And silence, haha. I mean, we did talk, but we also sat and stared out the window at the glorious sun shining on the trees near the creek.
For the rest of the morning, we did our own thing. Two introverts together on holiday is the best combination possible in my humble opinion. I listened to a lecture and enjoyed the sunshine. I'm not too sure what my friend did and it doesn't matter.
We headed out for lunch. Unfortunately because of COVID, restaurants are still a gamble in terms of whether they are fully open, take out only or closed completely. I know that restaurants are suffering and I have a lot of sympathy. I just really wish that they would keep their websites updated about what the current status of their offerings is. Our first choice was closed for dine in so we ended up driving to Chilliwack. The Thai place we tried there was closed to dine in as well, so we ended up going for Mexican. It was ok. Neither of us would choose to go back, so it wasn't stellar. But, we did go for a nice walk afterward and of course Starbucks.
We ordered takeout for dinner and ate until we were stuffed, so obviously another walk was in order. We walked to the lake. By the time we got back and had warmed up the sauna, it was already 10:30. Good thing we are both night owls at heart. What a glorious relaxing day. 
It's funny because we haven't really DONE anything and yet I've been too busy to pull out my book, or the card game I brought, or hardly even check my social media. But I guess that's the great thing about spending time with a good friend, even doing nothing if it's together, is still something. Standing on the end of the dock watching the last traces of the pink of sunset fade behind the mountains and the birds (and BUGS) flying above the water was one of my favourite moments today, with one of my absolutely favourite people. How'd I get so lucky?