Monday, July 6, 2020

One-In-A-Million

I know...I probably post too much about friendship. But, in my defense, I know all too well the loneliness of not having a close friend. You can, in fact, have lots of friends and still be lonely. You can have fun and laugh and enjoy spending time together, but still feel like something is missing. I have felt that way for a long time.  I have always had friends. I have never had a shortage of people to go out for coffee with, or to text with, or to vacation with. But, those friends are different from that one friend you hope for who will be your close friend. A friend who becomes likes family. The friend who is your first choice for everything you do. Finding THAT friend can feel impossible; it's like searching for a needle in a haystack, as they say. But, if you do find her, you can't quite believe your luck. And you worry that maybe it won't last, that this is not actually a forever friend. But deep down, you know. This is the one you've been waiting for; the one in a million friend who feels like home.