Sunday, March 22, 2020

Day six

Today was a good day. Uneventful of course in the midst of a time of social distancing and isolation. But still good. I texted with friends. I laughed a lot. I zoomed with my friend Wendy. Actually I don't even really know what I did, but sometimes doing nothing at all is refreshing. One thing I have been doing a lot lately is listening to music. I've blogged before about how powerful music is for me, but I have realized it once again during the past week. I have listened to a lot of hymns, but also to a lot of French music. I have rather eclectic taste in music and I tend to go through phases in what I'm listening to. Right now, there is a lot of French music. It's very folksy and soothing. It transports me somewhere else.
Tomorrow is Sunday and I am really looking forward to church. I am so grateful for my church. Today one of the elders called just to check on how we are doing, I love that. I miss gathering together physically, but one of the many things that I love about the leadership is that they are so very organized and on the ball. They already have a bunch of new things in the works for keeping the church connected and in the Word. I am excited for all that is coming in the next week, starting tomorrow.
PS. I was too slow to post, so it says Sunday, but the post is from Saturday.