Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Day three

I am bound and determined to stay positive in this time of uncertainty and to use this time wisely. Most places are closed, but the outdoors are still wide open. This morning we made the kids go for a walk around the golf course. Two of them were ok with it, but the middle one now wants to nominate us for worst parents in the world. This makes me laugh and strangely proud. He grumbled and complained but he did it. And we were all together outside getting fresh air and vitamin D. The birds were singing and it was refreshing in so many ways.
In the afternoon, it was warm enough to have my afternoon coffee outside on the front step. I could hear birds and the far away hum of a lawnmower. I have a strange love for the distant sounds of lawns being mown. It reminds me of the lazy days of summer. Also, I have never mown a lawn, so it in no way makes me think of sweaty manual labour, haha.
PS. Since spring break officially started on Monday, today is day 3. I can't believe I was still teaching on Friday and having dinner with my best friend on Saturday. The world sure has changed in less than a week.