Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day sixteen

I am depressed today over the news that these restrictions from COVID19 could last into summer. I know that it is not a hardship to stay safe in my own home. But, I am a little down anyway. So, I decided to pay tribute to six ladies in my life who I love dearly, who are all in their 70s. They are "at risk" from this virus. If I think about them and how much I want to keep them around, it helps to put things in perspective. And it helps me to stay home.
I have always loved older people. My paternal grandmother was one of my favourite people ever and I still miss her. She taught me to pray. She was no nonsense and hardworking, but also funny. She moved to Canada in her 70s and never looked back. She was brave and strong, but also very sweet. She read her Bible and prayed a lot. But, she passed away 20 years ago already. These six women are very much alive and very much a part of my life.
I don't really want to go into detail about each one and some of them I have blogged about before anyway. But, they inspire me. They're funny and don't take life too seriously. They love me but they also tell me off, haha. Or maybe they tell me off because they love me; I'm not sure. They always tell me the truth, although two of them are more diplomatic about it than the other four...Of course if you know me at all, diplomacy isn't very high on my list of priorities anyway. What I do know is that this brutal virus would not be good for any one of them. And so I stay inside. And I message them and zoom with them and pray that they will be around for a long time to come!