Thursday, April 16, 2020

Day thirtytwo

Tomorrow I am working. Except I will be at home and so will my students. It's going to be weird. I miss being at school. I will actually be stopping by there, but there will be no one there other than a few families who are coming by to pick up some materials. After that, I will come home. All assignments and teaching needs to happen online right now. I spent a lot of time thinking about what that would look like and what I thought would work best for the families. Since I only work Fridays, I have decided to do a Friday blog. It's easy to navigate and no one has to sign in. I am hoping that it will allow students to actually do some work independently, rather than needing the constant support and supervision of their parents. We'll see. It's a work in progress, as is this whole way of teaching for most people. 
Did I already say that I miss school? Teaching kindergarten is so fun with all the singing and dancing. There is no way to replicate that online. The dance parties we had in my class especially if Emelyn was there as the support worker were so fun. I miss the fun. And the connections. And the kids who would spontaneously say weird or funny things. I really hope that the schools do actually reopen before the end of the school year as some have hinted. Fingers crossed.
(The picture is one of my students after a big buddy made her a flower crown at the park.)