Monday, April 6, 2020

Day twentytwo

It would appear that I vacillate between being grateful for this time to slow down and being frustrated by all that's happening (or not happening). I suppose that's normal. We are often a mixed bag of emotions and this unprecedented time certainly brings up a lot of feelings. But, I consider it a good day when I lean more heavily on the side of gratitude and find joy in the small things of this new existence. 
Today was a good day. I had an online meeting in the morning, which was awful to get up for. But, my best friend was on the call too and made me laugh. I told her she needs to warn me when she's going to make me laugh because otherwise I get caught in unexpected hysterics. Ah well, I don't really care if the others thought I was a little crazy. I did have to turn off the video though because I couldn't stop laughing at her comments. The best part is that no one else in the group has any idea that she is funny at all, or that we were texting on the "side". That just makes it more hilarious.
We had an online meeting with Emmi's teacher in the afternoon. She is awesome. We had a great talk. The boys meanwhile had a (church) youth meeting online. The youth leaders have been so good about keeping in touch with the youth. There is a strong sense of community there.
Other highlights included my daily walk (alone), listening to podcasts, afternoon coffee in the sunshine on my front step, a zoom call with choir, texting with friends and writing a couple of cards. I have long neglected writing letters and cards, not even bothering to send out Christmas cards for the last few years. But, I love to write and I find it easy. I used to write letters to people all the time. So, I've decided that one of the things I can do is send random notes and letters in the mail in order to (hopefully) cheer people up. Who doesn't like getting a card or letter in the mail, as opposed to the junk mail and bills that we are inundated with. 
Tomorrow is another day. And it's one day closer to this pandemic being over. Goodnight my friends.