Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Day thirtyone

I zoomed with  my "tribe" this morning for over an hour. I've blogged about them before, but I am just so grateful for these ladies. When we chat, there are no filters. Some of the things that we say should probably not be said out loud, but it is so refreshing to not have to worry about that. We have a regular chat set up on Wednesday mornings and it varies every week who is able to make it. Today, there were five of us.
We are starting a new Bible study together next month. Unfortunately, it will be online like everything else these days, but maybe we can have our usual coffee times in person before it's over. I am so excited to be starting a new study and these ladies are the best ones to be doing it with. We were all in the study together last year and four of us the year before that as well. It's so meaningful to study the Bible with ladies who are so real. I've been in too many studies where everyone wears a mask and tries to give the "right" answers. I don't think that is helpful to anyone. But, it's also really hard to find a group of people who feel safe enough to share their authentic selves. My Bible study ladies, for better or worse, are honest and open and that makes for true fellowship. I can't wait!