Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day seventeen


I've blogged about my church before and how much I love it. During this time of crisis, that appreciation has become even more pronounced. Sometimes during hard times, you get disappointed because things/people you thought were good and could be counted on, fell apart. Not so with my church. There are daily devotions on you tube. There are separate daily devotions for youth. There are zoom prayer times, zoom youth meetups, recorded sermons, and I don't even know what all. 
On Wednesday nights, our pastor has decided to teach through one book of the Bible every week. Yes, it's ambitious, but he has proven it can be done, and done well. Tonight he taught through Ecclesiastes (which I love). It was so good. Amazing actually. So, that was one of my highlights for today.
But today also included a walk in the sunshine, Emmi's tooth falling out, making delicious Greek food, texting with friends and discovering a free app for reading (for the kids). And of course lots of music and coffee. Always.