Saturday, April 11, 2020

Day twentyseven

When your day starts out with the husband delivering coffee when you are still in bed, you know it's going to be a good day. I don't know what possessed him, but I'm obviously not complaining. My second cup of coffee was on the deck outside. Alone. We set it up yesterday and it's another space to escape to. It is still a little chilly, so I am the only one who ventures out there and I am totally fine with that. I have my shawl and a heat lamp and it's actually quite toasty. Is it very selfish of me to not share this information? I think not. It's not a secret that we have a heat lamp, so I figure I don't need to remind them...I sat out there many times today and it was quiet and escapist and perfect.
Today is Holy Saturday and this year unlike other years, the waiting is very real. Holy Saturday signifies the waiting between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. One has ended, but the light and resurrection of Easter morning has not yet come. And it feels like the whole world is in a waiting pattern. We've been thrown into chaos and the unknown and we're waiting. No one knows what life will look like on the other side. So, we wait. And hope. And pray.