Thursday, April 9, 2020

Day twentyfive

I haven't blogged for the last few days. It's surprising how busy one can be despite being stuck at home. Also, it feels a little like there is more of a routine to our days and so I'm not so inclined to blog.
Shirley, pastor Bert's wife died. That's so heartbreaking especially when you consider he's grieving alone in the hospital. She was such a generous, warm person. I didn't see her that often in recent years, but when I did, she was always the same lovely, welcoming friendly person.
I've gone for walks and the weather has been beautiful. I am actually going to get my minions to clean the deck on the weekend. Since we have a heat lamp, I will go sit out there for sure. It's one more space to go. I am finding having people in my space all the time quite taxing. I need a lot of time alone to recharge and I am sorely lacking in that department these days. Today, Pentti was disappointed he couldn't join me on my walk, but I was relieved. That 50 minute walk by myself is necessary to maintain my sanity.
I've had to talk on the phone this week. A lot. It hasn't been all that bad, but I think I have mentioned before how much I hate the telephone. I know these are small hardships, but like one of my favourite bloggers said today, your hard is still hard. It might not be death or total devastation, but it's still hard.
So, I leave you with one of my favourite quotes from Tolkien which gives me hope.