Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Pace

Today's prompt asks what is my pace this season and how do I feel about it.

My pace is slow. Leisurely. And I love it. Summer holidays is definitely one of the advantages of teaching and I make no apologies. I have very little on my schedule that requires alarm clocks and that's just the way I like it. Waking up and enjoying my coffee with all the time in the world makes my day.

I was worried, however, when I went away with my friend recently. We had travelled together before, but not as a tourist thing where we booked hotels and had itineraries etc. I wondered how we'd travel together. You just never know what kind of tourist someone will be until you're somewhere being touristy. Would she want an agenda that maximized all the possible sights? Would she want to get an early start so we could see as much as possible? Would our schedule be chock full and exhausting? Fortunately, our pace was perfect. We did things every day, but we were never rushed or having to wake up at the crack of dawn. In fact, we were both quite happy one evening when it rained and we "had" to stay in. It was lovely to not have to go anywhere. I should've known that it would all work beautifully, but you just never know....