Thursday, August 11, 2022

Vancouver

So, I'm failing with this daily blogging challenge...lol. Oh well, it's summer and I refuse to have guilt over it. I'll just write when I can.

The other day I went to the Sunflower festival in Richmond. It was a bit early since it wasn't even officially open and some of the flowers were still budding. But, it was virtually empty, which was perfect. There was a wagon ride to the fields complete with a singing tour guide. It was great. 

Yesterday, I went out for dinner with a childhood friend. We sat on the terrace at Seasons in the Park and then we walked around Queen Elizabeth park and admired all the flowers. 

I also watched the sunset at two different beaches on two different nights this week. Unobstructed views of the sun setting, right off the ocean.

All that to say, I live in such a beautiful place. The greenery and the gardens and parks in BC are magnificent. When I was away in the States, I realized once again the beauty of BC. But not only that, but also how good we have it here. Our tourist attractions are actually quite spectacular. Granville Island is better than the famous market we went to in Boston. Van Dusen and Queen E are better parks than the gardens we toured in Providence. We are spoiled here.